Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Edgbaston Old Church




Walking back from watching my first Live Tennis final, the Aegon Classic, at the Edgbaston Priory Club, I came across The Parish Church of St. Bartholomew also known as the Edgbaston Old Church.

It's a quaint old building which originally started off as a chapel built by Henry de Edgbaston in the 1270s (according to their website).

Although I did not have time to go inside, it was a lovely sight with the flowers in bloom, one that I managed to quickly capture in the following photographs.  



Next time I am in the area, I'll make it a point to explore this wonderful building and everything that it holds inside.






4 comments:

  1. That's a good-looking building. I love that clock too, I only wish it wasn't on that window. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the clock too, just not till you mentioned it's location and now it's bothering me too. Should be a bit higher up :-)

      Delete
  2. The shots of the flowers are absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... apparently an iPhone camera is not all that bad.

      Delete